Tuesday, September 2, 2008

witness

Our love of our Father should be so deep within us that we aren’t ashamed of it in front of our peers.
Jeremiah 1:7 But the LORD said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a youth'; for to all to whom I send you, you shall go, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. 8 Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you, declares the LORD."
Christmas program, 2006 – Joel finds himself standing in front of 200, in his mind, dangerous, people.  With all eyes fixed on him, in a shaky voice he pleads, “Daddy?” Rebekah and I got his attention and watched the concern give way to joy as he pointed and announced to what could have been the world as far he was concerned, “There’s my Mommy and Daddy!” 
Do we love our Father enough to joyfully, unashamedly, confidently, point Him out to a hostile audience?

No comments: