Monday, April 15, 2013

A public service announcement


This is a friendly reminder that while I am out of pocket, there very well may be something in my wife's pocket.  My children are well protected.  And, she shoots with her eyes closed, so I cannot guarantee a clean kill.  That is all.  As you were.



Then again, in all seriousness, the unsung heroes of any war are those who stay behind.  Our military spouses deserve far more respect than they will ever receive.  It is the staying behind, in the mundane, continuing the routine, alone, without the grand adventure... that is the greater sacrifice.  God has blessed me with a hero for a wife.  She believes in what we are doing, which is why when I board this plane in a few minutes I can hold my head high.  My kids will be just fine - better than fine - they have a hero for a mom!  Now, that... is all.

No comments: